In 2015, there were 1.6 million burglaries in the United States. Did you know that 30% of burglars enter the home through an open or unlocked window? Your local insurance agent Minneapolis MN has provided you with some suggestions on how to make your windows safer.
- These will make your home extremely burglar-resistant. Most people go for other options since they believe that they make the house feel more like a jail than a home.
- Where Can I Buy Them?
- Tempered Glass: is more durable than traditional glass, meaning that it is more difficult to break. As far as reinforced glass goes, tempered glass is one of the least expensive options.
- Laminated Glass: also known as “safety glass”, consists of a layer of vinyl in between two sheets of glass. In order to break this, a burglar would have to strike the same spot multiple times, therefore make a lot of noise.
- These windows are ten times stronger than traditional glass but are the same thickness. They are on the more expensive side of things, but “they’re 250 times more impact resistant than safety glass and ten times stronger than acrylic windows” (Erin Raub)
- Window Sensor Alarms will detect once a window is opened or broken
- Popular Window Alarms:
- Deadbolts and Window Guards can be a simple, affordable, yet highly effective way to burglar proof your windows.
- Popular Window Locks:
For the full article, click HERE.